Senior Accountant – Rockville, MD
Located in Rockville, Maryland, Saggar & Rosenberg is a Certified Public Accounting firm that provides specialized tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services to our clients not only in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area, but also nationally and internationally. Our innovative and holistic approach to client services focuses on the overall financial health and success of our clients.
Government contractors form the foundation of Saggar & Rosenberg’s clientele and over the past 15 years we’ve built a solid reputation throughout the industry as experts in government contract accounting and compliance. We’ve helped clients increase their efficiency, reduce their risks, grow their top line, and improve their profitability. Our clients range in size from small, closely held businesses to large, publicly traded companies with over $12B in revenue.
Since our inception, Saggar & Rosenberg has grown 100% by referral, and due our continued growth we need to add an experienced Senior Accountant to our Consulting team.
Basic Function: Senior Accountants in our consulting practice support our clients managing the daily accounting operations and financial reporting of their companies. This position will be responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements that are compliant with DCAA, FAR, CAS, and GAAP. Candidates must be team oriented, possess strong customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Reports to Saggar & Rosenberg Senior Manager and works with other accountants as a customer service oriented team.
- Assists with billing, payroll, accounts payable, tax and other daily accounting functions, and cross train functions to fill in as needed.
- Full cycle month and year end close to include journal entry preparation, general ledger review and maintenance, account reconciliation and variance analysis. Ensure an accurate and timely financial report packages and analysis are prepared for decision makers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute clean and efficient annual financials.
- Support and assist with budgeting, forecasting, contract backlog activities, DCAA Incurred Cost Submissions and related requests.
- Possess strong government contracting industry experience handling all types of government contract billing, revenue recognition, and indirect rate calculations.
- Participate in the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with emphasis on sound internal controls and business practices to ensure accuracy of transactions and financial results.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Advise team members in best way to handle non-routine reporting and accounting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from Clients and other Senior Managers with financial results, special reporting requests and related projects.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, contracts and general ledger structure. Ensures all information is properly entered into the accounting system and ensure that the computer system continues to operate as required and needed for growth. Maximize use of accounting software to include budgets, ceilings, work force, and other tools.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, must be CPA eligible. Prior experience in public accounting a plus.
- Must have government contracting industry experience.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in public accounting and accounting departments.
- Candidate must have a working understanding of federal contracts and GAAP, and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or Unanet strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with Excel to include the use of pivot tables and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and extreme attention to detail with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities. Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in team environment, and must work well with others.
- Excellent customer services skills, both internally and externally.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required.
Email Resumes and Requirements here.
Posted on Thu, January 11, 2018
by Christine Hollinden